Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day Twelve: Helles Bock, style number 13

Did a two a day today. I decided to drink this lager that I bought at The Red House in Renton. Another lager brewed by an American craft brewery, Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock. This was in a 12oz bottle, 6.4% ABV, with a 2011 on the bottle neck. Sierra Nevada, out of Chico CA, has a really good pale ale that I see all the time, but have only recently tried because I was a Northwest snob for a while. I realized that a good beer is a good beer, and Sierra Nevada makes some good beer. I look forward to trying some of their specialty brews sometime. So see some more of my thoughts about beers coming out of northern CA, see my previous post.


This beer was a golden amber color lager, much darker than what I would imagine. It was clear with a very short-lived head, it was gone under a minute. I don't remember the smell of this being anything special. The taste was ok, nothing special once again. It was crisp and refreshing and had some light malty flavors with light hop bitterness. A very easy-drinking beer.

On a 0-3 scale: 1. (for rating info see first tasting)
Would I buy it again: No, I've had better lagers
Would I recommend to a friend: not really, I don't have anything to say about it, good or bad. Why would I recommend this if there are too many good beers?
What would I do different: Sunshine would be nice... I had in later in the evening, but it was a crappy day
Why did I chose this beer: I've recently had the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for the first time and loved it, all six of them, so wanted to give this brewery another try.


No comments:

Post a Comment