Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day one: Bohemian Pilsner Style number 37

So I went out yesterday and bought a few different beers not knowing that there will actually be a blog but here we are. Lagunitas Pils: Czech Style Pilsner, brewed in Petaluma, CA bought at the Red House in Renton, WA.


I always despised the American Lager so naturally all my early beers were Ales and only in the last year I started giving lagers any chance. 
I had this in a simple water glass out of a 12oz. bottle, cold out of the fridge with out any food paring. This beer is super refreshing and has a very crisp mouth feel. Bitter but the good kind, and a little bit of a Riesling taste to it?? some kind of a fruit taste. Straw to amber in color, clear and a good head. I couldn't find the specific ingredients that Lagunitas used for this beer, so I can only asume that it was in the traditional style with the Saaz hops.

On a 0-3 scale it's a solid 2. (see scale below)
Would I buy it again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
What would I do different: Have this on a hot summer day outside. (it's a little overcast here today)
Why did I chose this beer: I heard very good things about the Lagunitas IPA, unfortunately I didn't find it but I saw this.

Viktor's awesome, incredible, one-of-a-kind 0-3 beer tasting scale: 
0 - when I don't even want to finish this beer.
1- when I really don't like it or want to try it again.
2 - a good beer that I wouldn't mind having again and will settle for if I cant find or afford a 3.
3 - an excellent beer that I will always look forward to and go out of my way to get if I can afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment