Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day Nine: Weizenbier, style number 14

So I have most of my brewing equipment and a fer extra carboys. Got a great deal on all this stuff and now I need a sunny day to clean it. A backyard and a hoes would be nice because a balcony just does not cut it for this kind of work. I just wanted to  include a quick picture of my progress in my brew system arrangement.


I will make this review short and sweet. Hacker-Pschorr Weisse, brewed in Munich, Germany. This bottle had a "best by" date of 08/11, which is nice to include on beers coming from a distance away. 


Yellow in color, unfiltered with a nice foamy head, the beer is 5.5% ABV. Came in a 500mL bottle that had a cool picture of some old dead guy, and old dead guys are pretty cool  This was a well balanced beer not to overpowering on either aspect, although it could have used some of the hop aroma from the last beer. I actually liked this beer. Apparently wheat beers are often described as having banana and clove flavors, and I'm not a big fan of bananas so maybe that's why I'm not a fan of wheats, although like I said, this was a good beer. If you like Hefes and want to try a German beer, I recommend this one all the way.

Next is a German lager and I'm excited, never thought I would be looking forward to a lager, but here I am. 

On a 0-3 scale: If I liked Hefes this would be a 3, but for me it's a 2. (for rating info see first tasting)
Would I buy it again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
What would I do different: I want it in the traditional Weissbier 'Vase'
Why did I chose this beer: This was a high scoring beer on http://beeradvocate.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment